"I've been on the phone all day and can't move my neck."
"My back is so stiff. Maybe I slept wrong"
"I hurt my knee while running this weekend"
Maybe you've been walking around for some time dealing with the same familiar nagging aches and pains. Maybe no one has offered you a solution other than "take 2 asprin and call me in the morning". Perhaps someone has said to you,
"that's a sign of getting old" or
"you will just have to live with it."
Perhaps you even believed this yourself.
Your body may not have to hurt! There are alternatives. It is possible to reduce or eliminate your pain.
• Simply • Naturally • Painlessly
Ortho-Bionomy® is a funny sounding name for a wonderful, natural, multidemsional healing art. This includes a profoundly effective body therapy that includes the use of
• Unlock tension • Relieve pain • Promote recovery from injury • Restore comfort in the body
You sit or lie, comfortably clothed, in a quiet, relaxed setting.
• No ringing phones • No meetings • No demands
Gentle, comfortable positioning and movement techniques, performed by the practitioner, allow you to experience relaxation of troubled or painful areas.
• The comfort increases • The magic happens
Self-corrective reflexes allow tight muscles to relax and body rebalancing occurs.
• A feeling of lightness • Ease of movement • More relaxation • Increased range of motion
• It's painless and gentle • It can be fun and playful • It uses the body's self-corrective reflexes • It can "work" between visits • It seeks the greatest comfort possible • It doesn't treat pain with pain • You can do it on your own
"Ortho" maeans straighten or correct "Bio" means life "nomy" means the study of the laws pertaining to
Arthur Pauls, D.O., the founder, defined it as "The correct application of the laws of life". It can be also defined as "The study of how life self-corrects". My favorite description is "Right Relationship" which describes how correct relationships cause self healing.
Ortho-Bionomy® was started in the early 1970's by an Osteopathatic Physician, Dr Arthur Pauls. He took his work from Osteopathic principles and his study of movement through Judo. Dr Pauls then further developed this system of self-correction and began to teach it to others.
• TMJ - Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (jaw pain and mis-alignment) • Headaches and sinus congestion • Neck and back aches • Sore knees / feet (any runners?) • Shoulder pain - "frozen shoulder" • Sciatic pain • Carpal Tunnel Syndrome • Repetitive Strain Injuries • Pregnancy discomfort • Postural problems - walking, standing and sitting • "Sitting at your computer" lessions • No specific problem - just plain stress reduction. It's very relaxing!
Ortho-Bionomy® is a registered trademark of the Society of Ortho-Bionomy International, Inc. and is used with permission.